The Centre for Business Sustainability (CBS) is a collaboration between the Department of Management and the Department of Government and Public Administration at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Founded in June 2018, the CBS mission is to promote business sustainability as a viable and profitable business model through conducting innovative research on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability management practices in the region. We also aim to transfer the acquired knowledge of CSR applications to both academic and business communities.
Our projects include Business Sustainability Indexes on listed companies and SMEs, local companies and corporations based in the Greater China Region.
Funding for the Centre is currently provided by the CUHK Business School, the Faculty of Social Science and the Department of Government and Public Administration at CUHK, donations from Mr. James Wang of China Alpha Fund Management (HK) Limited and Mr. Alex Wong of King’s Flair Development Limited. The CBS also undertakes commissioned work for a range of organizations (see “Business Engagement” for the full scope of CBS services).
- Prof. Carolyn EgriWilliam J.R. Rowe EMBA Alumni Professor, Beedie School of Business, Simon Frasers University
- Ms. Jane LauChief Executive, Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF
- Prof. Christine LohChief Development Strategist, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Mr. James WangChairman, China Alpha Fund Management (HK) Limited
- Dr. Alex WongChairman and Executive Director, King’s Flair Development Limited